soft.and.gentle

"If I had to choose a way to die, it'd be with you, in a goosebump infested embrace."

Thursday, January 22, 2004

10:35 PM

I hate the smell of Subway. I just finished consuming mass quantities of bread, meat, and cheese, and now the stench is infiltrating my nose.
Perhaps I should explain, I worked at Subway for 8 months. "Yes, Megan had a job for 8 months..." Well, after sacrificing myself to the common people, so they would have food to eat and a nice, warm place to sit, I reeked of Subway. The average citizen doesn't notice this intoxicating fume, but I on the other hand, am consumed with it. It burns my nose and makes my stomach churn.
I swear, throughout those long, endless 8 months, my whole wardrobe smelt of rancid ass. Actually it was more of a mixture of sandwich parts (ie: meat, cheese, veggies), mayo, mustard, cleaning solvents (ie: bleach, dish soap), etc. I am sure that you all think I am over-exaggerating, but I swear it is the worst smell ever. No one else, but us tireless Subway employees, notices this "fragrance", but I can assure you, this foul odor is something you would never want to encounter.
I should be doing algebra, because that is what responsible college students do...but instead I am sitting in this desolate corner typing to my invisible audience. I would do my assignment, had I not lowered myself to having Subway for supper after Open Mic Night (which Holly and Bob ROCKED). I wonder if I could explain to my professor that without realizing it, until it was too late, I HAD SUBWAY! Sure she wouldn't understand...But I honestly can't concentrate on anything but the "rancid ass" smell. I swear, that after only being in there an hour, my body is soaked in Subway.
Dammit...I should shower...

// posted by Monday

©2004 Megan Flynn