soft.and.gentle

"If I had to choose a way to die, it'd be with you, in a goosebump infested embrace."

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

3:16 PM

Rat Race is a horrible movie. Don't rent it. I had to for my lit class. Actually, the movie didn't really have to be Rat Race. The topic of the paper is comparing House of Mirth by Edith Wharton to a movie or TV show. Now, I bet you are all wondering why I picked Rat Race, well there is a catch to the topic. Technically, my professor would have liked a reality TV show, but I do not have cable, nor do I have time to watch TV. So, that left me with the movie option. I sat, alone in my little corner, and thought of what movie could possibly fit the topic. Here's a brief overview of the topic:
"Compare some aspect of the manners and the motives in the House of Mirth with something that is more familiar to you. You may use movies or television programs, but the comparision should be to some other artifact. You may use programs such as The Bachlorette, Survivor, The Simple Life, or other programs or films. It is best probably to choose a program or film in which all the people themselves make up the rules."
That's it. I was left to ponder my existence with only that to go on. Then it hit me; I briefly remembered visiting a friend and catching tidbits (love that word) of the movie Rat Race. As I recalled, the "players" of the "Win two million dollars" game were allowed to make up their own rules. How perfect?!?!
NO, bad plan! Even more so: BAD MOVIE! Sure, Seth Green is in it. And when I was into the whole Buffy phase, I loved Seth Green. But, the movie on a whole was a true disappointment. Sadly, I spent my Monday night watching a movie that was a waste of time.
Now that you all know my predicament, I would gladly welcome all suggestions or help from my adoring fans (YOU)!
Other bad movies: The Life of David Gale and The Scorpion King. More about those later...

// posted by Monday

©2004 Megan Flynn