soft.and.gentle

"If I had to choose a way to die, it'd be with you, in a goosebump infested embrace."

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

2:16 PM

SATURDAY IS VALENTINE'S DAY!!! I love Valentine's day! It is my second favorite holiday, next to Halloween (which is my first...). The majority of people I have conversed with have informed me as to how much they loathe Valentine's Day. Nonsense! Valentine's day is supposed to be happy, not sad:(! But, alas, I can see how many would find it depressing.
Well, I am here to CHEER all of you party poopers up! And then you too, will love Valentine's Day and we can all be in happy together. NO MORE SAD FACES!!! Sure, many associate "V" Day (not Veteran's Day, Valentine's Day) with love and couples and cute, little puppy dogs. WRONG! There are many great things a single individual can do on "V" Day. Spend time with friends and family, spend time doing things you enjoy to do alone, or have a girl's/boy's night out with other singles, are all fun things a single individual can partake in on "V" day.
My favorite part about "V" day is the flowers and candy and the "love" feeling one gets from it, OH, and those little Valentine's you can buy at the store! You don't have to be "taken" to enjoy the "V" day feeling. Who doesn't love candy and flowers and little Valentine's with cartoons on them!!! Actually, I really love the little boxes that you make in elementary school and decorate! Those ROCK! I think they are made out of tissue boxes, and then you cover them with pink and red tissue paper, AND STICKERS! Plus, I am really good at making cut out hearts, and Valentine's Day is the perfect holiday to share my talent with the world! You don't have to have a significant other to cut out pink and red hearts!
Another "V" Day bonus, that really only applies to me, is that my church sends out care packages for "V" Day! Now, most churches send them during finals week, or midterms, but my church has always been a bit off, so I get a "V" Day package instead!!! Which, who could complain how about free candy! I love FREE CANDY!
Well, guys, I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day! Remember: Valentine's day is about love and happiness, don't be gloomy! Share the LOVE!

// posted by Monday

©2004 Megan Flynn