soft.and.gentle

"If I had to choose a way to die, it'd be with you, in a goosebump infested embrace."

Friday, March 19, 2004

7:30 PM

Well, apparently the last blog was lame, whatever, chalk it up to lack of time. But anyways, here I am, Friday night, playing the dutiful/reformed girlfriend.

Evidently everyone has a blog. Who knew it was such a trend? Jenny, even "that one person" has a blog (think after speech class...). That was disheartening to discover. Naivete is a blessing in disguise. Maybe it's better to be kept in the dark. I would rather not have anything in common with the her, well I guess she thinks we don't have anything in common. For the better I suppose. I don't like to be prejudged though, so it pisses me off when she says we don't have anything in common, has she even said a word to me? Has she even had a conversation with me? Or does she just assume I am clear and simple and plain (in the words of Gavin)? I'm glad I'm listening to Jim, he mellows me out. Good ole Jim Morrison, one of the greatest men to grace the world with his musical talent. If I didn't have Miles I'd swear I'd be destined to be with Jim or Kurt.

Today has been brutal. Evil, evil people. I'm ready to transfer after today. I try to finish all my shit, accomplish enough to please everyone. It's so hard. Maybe I shouldn't think I can handle everything, maybe everything won't be alright. And if it's not...then what?

Ruth's baby is due on 4-20. How ironic is that? I hope the baby is healthy. I hope that it all goes well for her. I hope she finds someone new, no more Mike.

I have an All School Reunion this summer. It'll be strange because like half of my class has had a child since last year, or will have a child by the time the reunion rolls around. All of them were/are my friends too, one of them is my cousin. I can hardly believe it. It makes me feel old. I pray for them, they need it. It's a lot of work to be a mother, and only 18/19. I don't think that parenthood is taken seriously anymore. People who shouldn't have children and who don't want children are popping out kids left and right. And then, there's people who get married and try for years to have children, with little or no avail. My RA, Erin, and I were talking about that this afternoon. We watched a program about babies born with life-threatening diseases and babies born way too premature. It was really sad, but beautiful at the same time. Adoption, not abortion. There are so many people out there looking to give a child a good home.

Anyways, my ass is killing me, I've been sitting in this chair way too long. I hope you all have a great weekend.

"For I know the Lord is great,
that our Lord is high above all gods.
The Lord does whatever he wills,
in heaven, on earth, in the seas. " ~Psalm 135a

// posted by Monday

©2004 Megan Flynn