soft.and.gentle

"If I had to choose a way to die, it'd be with you, in a goosebump infested embrace."

Monday, April 19, 2004

2:12 PM

*Title*

After reading Miles' recent post I felt compelled to write about blogs too.

Blogging is a trend. Everyone blogs. I hate trends...but I blog. Where did my life go so wrong? But really, when you think about it, anything can be labeled as a trend. If several people do something, then it's a trend. For example, even rock can be defined as a trend....look at "punk" music; it's now more pop then punk. What, nevermind, this is about blogs, not trends, we can debate semantics later. Back to where I was...

Even Republicans have jumped on the blogging band wagon. Several weeks ago, while attending CR State Convention, our eager, republican ears fell victim to a one hour seminar on blogging. Some fuck in a three piece suit tried to convince me to start a blog about Republican issues, or some specific candidate. He treated us like infants. "This is how you turn the computer on...this is how you double-click...blah blah..."

Next came the reason, "Blogging is the newest form of spreading information. If you, our youth, doesn't blog and 'get the word out, ' we will all die and the world will come to an end."

Of course we had to have an example. Fuck in three piece suit: "Who would like to volunteer?" Eager individual: "OOOOOHHHHH, ME ME, PICK ME, PLLLLEEEAASSSEEEE!!!" as Eager Individual humps the leg of the three piece suit. Our excited fellow turns out to be none other then Eric. Oh Eric, always willing to "help out." Thanks big guy, without you I would be......where I am now.

Anyways. I think that self-expression is a great idea. Let's all self-express. Let's all be deep and witty. Let's all think that people give a shit about what we write.

I also noticed that everyone has a title to each of their blogs. I don't have a title. What the hell?! If I am going to be on the blogging band wagon, I need a title. So I can be like everyone else. I just want to be "groovy"...titles are "groovy."

I saw Kill Bill Vol. 2 this weekend. Good freakin' movie. I want it. Give it to me. If you didn't get me a Christmas gift, I will forgive you. But, my birthday is coming up, so you gotta make it extra good. I am getting old...and my breasts still haven't grown. My mom said after child birth her breasts needed their own area code.

I am currently reading The House of the Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I got it for 25 cents at the library. Book sales ROCK!

OOOHHH, next should come blogs about blogging. How awesome? See, Miles started it, Miles started a trend. We should all write about how blogging about blogs is a trend. This is great.

// posted by Monday

©2004 Megan Flynn