soft.and.gentle

"If I had to choose a way to die, it'd be with you, in a goosebump infested embrace."

Saturday, May 29, 2004

11:51 AM

Well, Miles left for the weekend...so that means I get his tablet:):):) He was generous enough to lend it to me for the weekend. Woo Hoo for me.

I know I just posted yesterday, but now I actually have access to post...which in turn, means I HAVE to post.

Let's see...last night went to the Common Grounds (Madison's Coffee Shop) and watched Mason Blake perform. It was great, even got a free CD:)

At first Miles and I were a bit worried because we were the only ones there; it was a bit awkward. But then I came up with the idea that Miles should call Jeff and invite him. Jeff said maybe...but didn't show. However, shortly after it started a few of Mason's friends showed up. So we weren't the only ones anymore. Then a bunch of drunk adults who were friends of the owner showed up. In the midst of Mason's performance, one drunk male announced "I gotta piss!" Mason shrugged it off, and everyone kinda laughed. Then "drunk red neck in a beat up, dusty 'Camel Joe' shirt" walked in front of Miles and I to look at some art on the wall, which he later proclaimed as "THAT'S NOT ART! THE GUY NEEDS TO EAT A SANDWICH," referring to the figure in the painting. Needless to say, no matter how hard one tries to escape South Dakota, it follows you around like a lost puppy. A coffee shop in South Dakota, is in the end, still a coffee shop in South Dakota.

Today I am waiting around to go to work. My crap job that doesn't pay enough for what it entails. I am listening to Bush...sleeping...waiting...

Doesn't that just sum up my life.

My mom called at midnight last night. Why? She didn't say, she babbled briefly, and stated I needed to call her tomorrow. Fine.

I could sleep all day.

// posted by Monday

©2004 Megan Flynn