soft.and.gentle

"If I had to choose a way to die, it'd be with you, in a goosebump infested embrace."

Monday, September 06, 2004

1:02 PM

One minute I'm watching Fight Club, the next I am surrounded by children in psychedelic clothing waiting patiently as I stick needles through their faces.

What a crazy fucking dream.

But wait, my eyes feel like I was the victim of Chinese torture, you know the one where they cut off your eye lids and make you lie in the sun. What kind of sick asshole would do that to me?

Once I get over the initial physical pain, I am confronted with the fact that I have not been dreaming, on the contrary, I have been wide awake. Also, Fight Club has been over for quite awhile, Bush is playing gently in the background, and ironically it's 40 Miles from the Sun, I don't know why that's ironic, I just love that fucking song.

The stack of movies tells me I have been here awhile, and by stack I mean seven, seven movies in the last....however many days. How many people had been here, this place is trashed. I feel like Johnny Depp in Fear and Loathing, after taking Adreenacrome (if I spelled that right) and he wakes up with only slight recollection and brief flashbacks. I love that movie...

The difference, however, is that I don't think I woke up. How do you wake up if you've never been asleep? Maybe I can sleep with my eyes open, and just never knew it. I had a friend in high school that slept with her eyes open and one night a spider crawled in her eye and bit the inside of her eye lid. The whole left of her face swelled up. She couldn't see for like two weeks.

And I found twenty dollars.

I need food. Food, warmth, shelter, sleep, that's all a human needs, and right now I am lacking in two of those areas.


// posted by Monday

©2004 Megan Flynn