soft.and.gentle

"If I had to choose a way to die, it'd be with you, in a goosebump infested embrace."

Thursday, October 07, 2004

9:30 PM

Do you know how long I've waited? To look up from below, just to find someone like you?


I should be doing my homework. Because that's what a devoted college student does. But instead I am blogging, eating pizza, and listening to the Used. I have been listening to them like crazy lately...THE CONCERT IS COMING. I am not on duty tonight-and it rocks. But I am on duty tomorrow night; I switched with Katie.

I guess I really have nothing of importance to say. The days pass. Life goes way too fast. I have been thinking lately, as scary as it is, our race (as in the human race) is so selfish. We go to college, get degrees, go out into the workplace to make money for ourselves. We don't benefit or help anyone other then ourselves; we don't make a difference. We are just wandering along, doing what society tells us to do. Go to school, get a job, start a family, retire, die. It's so typical, so cliche. I have decided that the only reason I am going to college is so I can join the Peace Corps. I wanted to join the Peace Corps right after high school; pretty sure you have to have a college degree. So, here I am, another sheep.

To each their own, though. I'm not ragging on anyone. You individuals becoming teachers, doctors, and such, are awesome. I have the utmost respect for you. It's just not my scene. I need to see immediate differences. I literally want to feed starving children, build homes for the homeless. I need it to be big. Miles had once said that he'll donate money to help people, but he could never actually do it hands on. That's awesome too. Some people are just better at sending a check. I for one do not have any money, so that pretty much screws me there.

I once again do not know the direction of my rambling. How bout them Yankees?

Maybe it's all pipe dreams. Maybe I will be another middle of the road individual. I can only dream of bigger.

The Used ROCKS!

Cut through the black empty space we call sky. Beginning the cycle that stays. And I know in my heart we all die.

// posted by Monday

©2004 Megan Flynn