soft.and.gentle

"If I had to choose a way to die, it'd be with you, in a goosebump infested embrace."

Monday, October 04, 2004

1:14 PM

I'll grow old and start acting my age. I'll be a brand new day in a life that you hate. A crown of gold. A heart that's harder than stone. And it hurts a whole lot, but it's missed when it's gone.

Visual Basic is sooo boring...

Although it does provide me with the perfect break in the day to blog. I have nothing to do, and the pawn of satan (or tablet, whichever) beckons me.

Today is my gram's birthday!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA, I LOVE YOU INFINITY!

Well, my weekend went way too fast, but isn't that how Homecoming goes...

Oh, before I forget, you can now use my site in other browsers. I had previously stated that you could only view my site in I.E. but the problem has been eradicated.

My theory has always been that the best writing comes from sorrow, pain, loss of love, hurt...because the loss of a love is the most powerful feeling in the world. Kahlil Gibran's Joy and Sorrow. Joy and sorrow are inseparable, just as love and pain are inseparable. Personally, my best writing comes from the times I am overwrought with emotion, whether it be joy or sorrow/love or pain. Sometimes I want to feel that strong emotion just so I can write like I used to. I feel like I am just walking along in life, my emotions have dried up. Do I even feel anything anymore...anything like I used to. I remember when loving for the first time felt so invigorating, or when I first felt that gut wrenching loss of the one I thought I loved the most, the one I thought I would be with forever. I feel like I have hit a wall with my art-both writing and painting. I have tried to get it back...maybe I am too busy. But, essentially, a good artist should be able to create their art no matter what. Whether it be on joy and sorrow, or the lady with ten dogs next door. Which in turn leaves me feeling inadequate...ineffective..."without"...further away from where I want to be...even more scared to try...

Would you rather look at the art, appreciate the art...or create the art? I appreciate it, and yearn for it...can I create it. Can anyone be an artist? Does anyone know the answer? Anything can be art, or so we're told. In that case, anyone can be an artist.

This all had a point, but it was lost somewhere along the way...

Just that the best art comes from strong emotion. I had proof today. My theory has been tried, tested, proven. But a theory can always be disproven, until it becomes a fact...only time will tell...

I'm only hoping as time goes, you can forget... You are calm and reposed. Let your beauty unfold. Pale white, like the skin stretched over your bones.

// posted by Monday

©2004 Megan Flynn